Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

long story short, my son had a needle get stuck in his hand in a hotel room. the insurance company paid for his hospital visit/blood work. im taking him back to have more blood work done in 6 months. then we will settle once i get the results. what should i accept when they call and we settle?

Asked on 8/10/13, 5:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You've already messed up badly by talking with the insurer. On average people who settle their own cases get 70-80% less than people with lawyers. What you should do is stop talking with them, hope that you haven't done too much harm already (every statement you made has been recorded and reviewed by their lawyer to decide how to pay you as little as possible) and see a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 5:20 pm
Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

You should not accept anything less than what the case is worth, and there is no way to know until his medical treatment is complete, and the results of his bloodwork come back. The insurance company will talk the case down and try not to pay anything other than medical expenses, and may even balk at that. Get an attorney asap to give them all of the relevant information, find out how much the case is worth, and recover what you should.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at [email protected], or through our website:

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia