Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

How much for pain and suffering?

My wife got shot, more specifically, grazed by a bullet. It came through our window from the next door neighbor trying to remove some deer from his property--so

it was an accident. He's agreed to pay for all damages to the property and all the

medical bills and the day off from work that my wife missed. Obviously her arm will hurt for a while but the doc says there's no permanent damage. Are we due some pain

and suffering damages? If so, what would be fair? We would like to settle this without going to court.

Asked on 1/18/04, 9:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Amanda Farahany Barrett & Farahany, LLP

Re: How much for pain and suffering?

Your wife has a right to recover her medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. The matter should be handled by your neighbor's homeowner's policy. The question of how much should be awarded for pain and suffering depends on many factors, including whether there is a permanent scar, how much her medical bills have cost and will cost in the future and how this has affected her. These types of decisions are usually made on a case by case basis. If you'd like to discuss the details of her case further, you may contact me directly at (404) 214-0123.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/04, 12:08 pm

Benjamin Eichholz The Law Office of Benjamin S. Eichholz, P.C.

Re: How much for pain and suffering?

If you would like to speak to me about this in more detail, please contact me at 912-232-2791.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/04, 4:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia