Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Rear Ended

I was stopped at red light was hit twice by the same driver in the rear causing me to hit car infront of me. My medical bills are $13,000.00 My truck was totaled and I did receive a check for it. Insurance company keep giving me runaround. Ajuster says he can't auth a neg price his max authority is only $3,000.00 I wrote demand letter and as of last weekm his boss was out of town he will call me back. Hospital/ambulance etc people are calling me wanting their money. I have stressed over this since jan 11 What should I do? Wait for them to respond? Did I ruin my chances in court?? Any help would be appreciated. Thank yo

Asked on 5/04/08, 10:50 am

6 Answers from Attorneys

Clark McGehee Johnson & Ward

Re: Rear Ended

You have a valid claim, but you need to hire an attorney as soon as possible to obtain a decent settlement, as the adjustor will not take your case seriously, or pay what your case is worth, until an attorney is involved. Our firm has been involved in these type cases for decades, and can provide you an initial free consultation. Additional information on our firm may be found at

Read more
Answered on 5/05/08, 12:16 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: Rear Ended

The best way to get a lousy settlement in an accident case is to not promptly hire a lawyer and the absolute worst thing you can do is to talk to the adjuster. You have done everything wrong to date, but sometimes a lawyer can repair some of the damage and help you. If you're in metro Atlanta call me for an appointment and let me review your case.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/08, 11:03 am
Billy Tomlinson Tomlinson & Associates, LLC

Re: Rear Ended

Each case has different factors that play into the valuation of a case. You need an attorney to help evaluate and negotiate your case. You are welcome to contact our office for more information.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/08, 11:17 am
Linda Bass Linda G. Bass, LLC

Re: Rear Ended

The main focus of our practice is representing victims of auto accidents. You need an attorney to help you with the insurance company.

Please give me a call and I will be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/08, 12:23 pm
Robert Windholz Robert S. Windholz, Attorney At Law

Re: Rear Ended

It appears you are located near Savannah. Call me and I'll be glad to refer you to a top personal injury attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/08, 1:07 pm
mark zamora mark zamora law offices

Re: Rear Ended

If your medical bills are $13,000, and the maximum offer by the adjuster is $3,000, I would suggest that the adjuster will never reach $6,000, much less getting at least to your medical bills.

What happens next? The first concern is how bad your injuries were and are. If you are still seeing the doctor, this is not the time to try to settle your case.

If you are done seeing the doctor(s), in all likelihood you may be dealing with Safeway, or Allstate, or UAIC, perhaps Nationwide/Progressive ... any of those means that your best bet is to talk with 1 or more lawyers.

Lawsuits are lengthy and drawn out. The courts are full of them, but you should at least get a FREE opinion and what your options are. You may not like the options, but you should know them.

Mark Zamora

Read more
Answered on 5/04/08, 9:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia