Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

If I signed a separation agreement that stated that I would not take an employer to court but later found that i may have a good reason to can my husband file the lawsuit on my behalf due to some type of pain and suffering?

Asked on 1/12/13, 8:04 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Obviously, no one can answer that since we know nothing of the facts of your injury and we don't have the contract. We also have no idea what "some type of pain and suffering" means. You took the risk when signing the agreement. If you signed an agreement, and it is valid (we don't know), it is almost never the case someone else can file a suit for YOUR damages if they are waived in the agreement. Otherwise, courts would be filled with such cases. Even if the agreement is invalid, your former employer will expect any severance or other benefits you received. If in doubt, see a lawyer so you can discuss all the facts.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/13, 8:11 am

Sam Levine Law Office of Sam Levine LLC

It depends on the language in the release that you signed. I would be happy to speak with you & review it for you if you would like. My email address is [email protected] & my cell phn # is (404) 468-4689. Thx so much!

Sam Levine, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/13, 9:11 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Generally husbands can't file suits on behalf of wives, and since we have not seen what you signed, I can't really address your question except to tell you that you need to show the documents to an attorney to get an answer.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/13, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia