Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Yesterday 12/6/10. I made a left turn and a pedestrian (not in the crosswalk) attempted to cross in front of me. I slammed on breaks, but I did hit her. She said that she wasn't hurt, but I called 911 anyway. She was not in the process of crossing when I turned, but as I started going down the street, she stepped out to cross in front of me. I told the police that she wasn't in the crosswalk, but I am still waiting for the report. The office indicated that because she was not in the crosswalk, the judge may throw out the case. Please advise if I should get a lawyer anyway. (I am in Georgia) Thanks

Asked on 12/07/10, 7:42 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

Before you start calling lawyers, call and make a claim with your car insurance company. The car insurance company will hire you an attorney to represent you. Don't give any statements or reply to any documents until you have either received an attorney through your insurer or you have obtained one of your own.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 12/12/10, 7:52 am

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

What case? You leave us to guess about any cases, charges or tickets. If in doubt, and given the lack of information in your post, see a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/10, 7:53 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Report this to your car insurer in case you get sued.

The cost of such a ticket in most courts is small, so you have to decide if the legal fee is worth it to take a lawyer to traffic court.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/10, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia