Legal Question in Product Liability in Georgia

Shredded tire

The tread on one of my tires came off(not a retread and not firestone) causing my son to be slung into the median and almost into head on traffic. It has caused $3000.00 to $4000.00 damage to my car. Is there anyway I can get this company to pay for this damage?

Asked on 8/28/02, 10:43 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth L. Shigley Chambers, Aholt & Rickard, LLP

Re: Shredded tire

Do the following:

1. Get down on your knees.

2. Close your eyes.

3. Put your hands together.

4. Thank God your son wasn't seriously injured or killed.

Then, if you are so inclined, send the company the repair bill and a certified letter demanding payment for the damage. Send a copy to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration in Washington. Both are likely to send a form letter. The company won't pay.

You could file a small claim against the tire manufacturer in Magistrate Court, pro se.

I hope you have comprehensive coverage on your auto insurance policy. That would be your best bet for dealing with the repair bill.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/02, 10:56 am

Ronald Arthur Lowry Ronald Arthur Lowry

Re: Shredded tire

Your son, you and everyone in your family are fortunate this did not kill your son or happen in such a way or at a time to kill or seriously injure another family member or friend.Was your son injured in any way?Call me at (770)427-8468.I would like to know which manufacturer made this tire. In the meantime maybe the best thing you can do is have your car fixed by your insurer (collision coverage)and turn your insurance company loose on them. If the insurer recovers you get back your deductible. Ron Lowry

Read more
Answered on 9/05/02, 2:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Georgia