Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I have foreclosed on a house and I am currently inside the 30-day window that my lender can sue me for the deficiency. If they can not find me to serve me in person (they have my PO Box but not my current physical address) where/with who would they file a lawsuit? After the 30-days should I check with the County courthouse?

Julianne - ATL, GA

Asked on 10/23/12, 8:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cyrus Malekabadi Law Offices of Cyrus K. Malekabadi

You should probably contact a bankruptcy attorney.

In fact, you should have contacted an attorney before the foreclosure sale took place.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/12, 8:16 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You should already have contacted a bankruptcy attorney, and I would do it now, as there may be additional issues you have other than just the foreclosure itself.

As to suing you, they potentially could get an order to serve by publication.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/12, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia