Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

If I did not have gap insurance, what should I do about getting the difference of the value of car and how much I owe if accident was not my fault?

Asked on 7/26/10, 10:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

This is not a real estate or real property question. However, to answer, what you owe on the car is not relevant to your damages in an accident. Why should the other party to a wreck somehow be bound by how much you decided to borrow to get the car some years earlier, or your decision to not be properly insured?

Read more
Answered on 7/26/10, 1:16 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Chalk it up to experience. In deciding not to get gap insurance, you simply lose that difference.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/10, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia