Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

HOA filed motion for summary judgment on a rental property that I own. I have paid HOA dues ever since they sent me an address and amount for the payment. There was a period from the time I got the home to the time the HOA sent me the bill at my correct address that I did not pay. I offered to pay for that period and sent them a check, but refused to pay interest, lawyer fees etc, because they had never provided me with an address or amount. Their motion for summary judement was denied. What do I do now? Even though I have been paying ever since they sent me the address, they are denying the use of facilities to my tenant. What should I do?

State of Georgia.

Asked on 6/03/13, 12:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Since you're in a suit, you obviously should have counsel, and you should be doing whatever counsel suggests. I assume counsel had you pay the unpaid amounts into the registry of the court already.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia