Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

My landlord took me to court for non payment of rent. When I went to court I proved I paid my rent, but the landlord still wanted possession of the unit. We both consented that I would move out within 18 days. Now there charging me for breaking my lease and damage to the apt.Can they do this to me legally?

Asked on 10/11/10, 12:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


Did you sign a consent order and did the Judge sign it??

Contact my office Monday so we can discuss all of the issues - (770) 985-6773

Good luck,



The above is for information purposes ONLY and not a contract for legal service or legal advice; you MUST hire your own attorney for advice and/or to move forward on this matter.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/10, 12:56 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

That depends on what you signed in court and what the judge signed.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/10, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia