Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

Property was auctioned at a tax lien sale and the purchaser told me that I needed to go to a lawyer to get some kind of legal document before I meet him at the court house with the money. What form is he talking about? The property was auctioned off at a sales lien auction. I spoke to someone who said that I didn't need a form just the amount that I agreed to pay the purchaser. I am confused! The property is owned by me and paid off I have no mortgage.

Asked on 10/20/12, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Laurie Thomas Reed Thomas Law Group

The purchaser will need to sign a Quit Claim deed giving you back his interest in the property. When you purchase the property at tax sale you are purchasing an interest in the property and that is filed with the clerk of courts. When you "purchase it back" you need that document, so they no longer hold an interest and that document is filed with the clerk as well.

Laurie M. Thomas, Esq.

2875 Highway 80

Savannah, GA 31408


Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 7:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia