Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

How to get a Quiet Title Action

I have had my property surveyed and part of my land that I have used and paid taxes on for several years is not included in the survey plat. About 4 of 75 acreas show as unclaimed property. According to the county tax map I am paying taxes on this property but it is not in my name by title or survey. I can find no deed or title for this property in anyones name other than the fact that the county feels that it is mine by the property tax map. I have used most of this property for pasture and also have a security deed on a portion of this property. Property in question is not claimed by anyone else. I need to know the smartest way to go about claiming this property to have a deed on it. Is there a form to petition the courts with? The property in question is almost all road frontage and without claiming it, it practactly prevents the sell of my property.

Asked on 8/09/05, 8:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: How to get a Quiet Title Action

There is no form, but you can file a petition to quiet title in superior court. This is too complicated to explain in this type of forum; you should consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/05, 3:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia