Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I recently purchased some property in GA through foreclosure; the property has a non-exclusive 20' easement for ingress/egress, however, there is already a road to the home that crosses another person's property , (the one who lost the land), now I'm told by that person that if I assert my property rights by demanding a lease agreement on a well on my property that is shared by 3 other families I will have to build a road on this 20' easement; this easement crosses a creek in a 30' ravine. Is this legal?

Asked on 2/14/12, 8:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


You will need to hire a real estate attorney who will review the actual relevant information in order to provide an informed answer.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/12, 8:48 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

No one here has read the easement language or run the full title to be able to answer you.

Certainly you did not bid at a foreclosure without a real estate lawyer running the title for you and discussing this issue. So you should be asking the lawyer that you already should have hired. (This is not the closing attorney but your separate lawyer).

If you made a huge mistake and bought foreclosure property without your own lawyer, you may have bought an expensive problem that you are stuck with. See a lawyer now to find out how expensive your mistakes may have been.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/12, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia