Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I need to start proceedings to foreclose on an owner financed property. We have held the note since 1988, but the mortgage is seriously past due. My mother and father had the note, my dad has since passed away, and my mother is elderly and depends on the income. We do not have a choice but this.

Asked on 9/04/13, 8:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Depending on how the note is written, your father's estate may need to be probated. The executor of his estate and/or your mother will need to hire a foreclosure attorney to do this. The best way to find one is to look in the ads in your county's legal organ and call one of the lawyers who is doing alot of foreclosures.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 9:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia