Legal Question in Tax Law in Georgia

I built a house on land that was given to me by my grandmother and we had it survied and the layer did all the paper work. The tax comes in my husbands name and my name and we have been paying it for 17 years. The other day my aunt told me that the deed on the land is in her name well I have a deed too so who owns the land.

Asked on 10/13/10, 6:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Hire a property lawyer IMMEDIATELY !!

You mayhave to file a Qui Timet, Declaratory Judgment, or the like, but you will need a lawyer's expert knowledge to do them(it) properly

Good luck



The above is not intended to be anything else but for information purposes only; you must hire or consult with your own attorney to get advice on these matters.

Read more
Answered on 10/18/10, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Georgia