Legal Question in Tax Law in Georgia

If the IRS sent me a notice that I under paid my taxes and I pay them, then they subsequently issue a refund for over payment of the same taxes, am I obligated to report the overpayment.

Asked on 7/29/13, 4:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

First of all, there is a question of basic honesty and morals. Second, most likely the IRS will notice the mistake and you'll get a bill for the excess and probably interest.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/13, 4:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Georgia