Legal Question in Tax Law in Georgia

A partner and I are planning a large convention where we will be collecting money from attendees from ticket sales. All money collected will pay expenses, and anything remaining after expenses will be donated to charity. There will be no profit, and there are no paid employees. All staff is volunteer. I'm assuming we need to create a separate entity to 'host' the event, so that we don't have to claim any of the income individually. What type of business do we register for so that neither of us is responsible to paying taxes on any of the money collected? Do we qualify as non-profit?

Asked on 4/25/14, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Your question is far beyond a website. See a business lawyer to set you up based on many, many more details.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/14, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Georgia