Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

I was in an accident and the other party decided to not pursue charges. I have a letter stating the case is closed and not being pursued any further.

Can this case be reopened after its closed?

Also, I believe the officer had a typo as he stated the incident took place on the 8th and not the 9th when it occurred. I've been advised that the date doesn't matter since we have a letter stating the case is closed.

Is this correct?

Asked on 7/13/13, 6:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You're obviously confused.

The other party in an accident CANNOT pursue (or drop) charges. While usually you would not be charged later, you can be charged up to two years after the accident.

Additionally, if you damaged the other vehicle or the other party, they have two years to sue you. No one would release that claim without a check.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 6:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia