Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

can i get my probation lifted for free? i hav not been able to pay b/c of hardships and hv had a warrant for maybe 4 years.

Asked on 7/30/12, 12:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You're a fugitive from justice and are usually facing prison and asking if you can miraculously get out of things for free? Obviously not. Your best bet to present whatever mitigating circumstances you may have is to pay for an experienced lawyer, who will work out details of your surrender. Having some or all of the unpaid fines will likely help as well, since you've had four extra years to save up the money.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/12, 4:43 am
Scott Carter Scott Carter Attorney at Law

Warrants that are issued for an individuals failure to complete the conditions of probation usually result in the probationer getting arrested, facing a judge and the judge sentencing that probationer to jail time unless and until the conditions of the probation are completed.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/12, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia