Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Hello, I got a speeding ticket 77/55 I would very much like to keep it off my insurance also do court systems allow payments over time Thank you

Asked on 1/09/12, 6:17 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Whether your insurance hears about it depends on whether there is a type of disposition that causes it to be reported to the state.

You want to get a lawyer. If the case is dismissed, or if you acheive a reduction in speed or certain pretrial dispositions, it may end up not being reported. Different prosecutors, judges and courts will address a case differently.

Many (but not all courts) have systems where a case can be reset to pay via probation or otherwise if you are fined. That varies from court to court.

The bottom line in your case: get legal counsel to explore your best options.

Read more
Answered on 1/09/12, 7:16 am

Parick Kunes Kunes Law Office

You should contact an attorney to see if they can have the ticket reduced to 69/55, WITH NO REPORTING TO THE STATE. Usually it will take a week or two for them to negotiate the ticket down, and often times you will be given an extended period of time to pay the citation after the agreement has been reached. What county or city is this ticket in? We handle traffic cases in most counties across Georgia.

I would be happy to give you a free consultation on this matter.


Read more
Answered on 1/09/12, 9:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia