Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Traffic Violation

I was pulled over in Marietta, Georgia for driving with the wrong plates on my car. The plates, (when run through the system) went back to a Toyota my mom had totaled a while back. When the Toyota was wrecked we had the plates switched over to her new car. On the paper registration it shows the new car with the license plate. Completely legal. But when the officer ran my plates upon being pulled over, the went back to the totaled Toyota. The officer refused to look at my paper registration claiming that, ''It's what's in the database that matters.'' Is he in the wrong for not viewing my paper registration? and can the ticket be overturned?

Asked on 2/25/08, 10:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

Re: Traffic Violation

If you take proof of the new registration with the transferred plates, a judge should dismiss the case in your favor. If you have any questions regarding this reply, feel free to give me a call. 404.529.9081


David H. Glass, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/08, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia