Legal Question in Veterans Law in Georgia

The Army

I witnessed my battle buddy commit suicide and I've been traumatized by that event I can no longer function like I did before that took place I constantly have flashbacks throughout the day and I hear and see things that are not really there I really want to get out the army because I can't go through this anymore is there anything I can do email me answers

Asked on 4/05/09, 7:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jill Mitchell-Thein Heard & Smith, LLP

Re: The Army

If you are still in the service, you need to seek psychiatric help now. The sooner the better. If you get a PTSD diagnosis while still in the service, it should be automatically service connected when you get out. If you don't get diagnosed until after you get out, you will have to prove that the stressful event happened, with an Army record of the event, when, where, who was there, etc.--which may not be that hard in your case, but regardless of any future VA claim, You Must Seek Mental Treatment Now. This probably won't go away on its own with the passage of time or by your own force of will. If it does, great, but you can't afford to take that risk.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/09, 12:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Georgia