Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

Accidental death

My boyfriend was killed in a train accident a few days ago, we have a 2 yr and a 3 yr old together, he didn't sign the birth certificated but he was paying child support through the system. What are my kids entitled to?

Asked on 7/31/07, 2:17 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Ballar Christopher A. Ballar PC

Re: Accidental death

There are many complicated layers of issues here from the potential wrongful death claim, conservatorship of the minors, what is the estate entitled to, and the children's potential statutory rights out side of the estate. You should see legal advice immediately. Our office is available for consultation, please call or email me directly.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/07, 2:48 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Accidental death

You should consult with a local attorney. These are complicated cases, involving a lot of investigation.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/07, 12:59 pm
Robert Thompson J. Robert Thompson Attorney

Re: Accidental death

If paternity can be proved, they would be entitled to his entire estate, including any wrongful death recovery.

You should consult an attorney to be sure to protect their rights.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/07, 4:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia