Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

How do I get a copy of my dad's estate distribution? My sister is the executor of the will and the guardianship of the estate. The probate is open but the guardianship is sealed. I am unable to assure that the disbursements were fairly done. There are 4 siblings.

Asked on 6/19/17, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Many probated don't require reports to a court. Some do. Regardless, if you have a case with sealed records, which is unusual, your chances of getting them on your own are near zero. If you're an affected party and can show a need for the records a lawyer may help you get them.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/17, 9:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia