Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

My dad passed away recently,he left a will in which two of my brothers are the executors. I am one of the hiers for the house and land. Does the will need to go through the probate court for my sake or any of the other hiers? My two brothers that are the executors said no to probate. I am worried about thier decision on no probate because of legal things.

Asked on 11/26/10, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Probate can't just be skipped as that leaves the house in limbo. Get a lawyer immediately. You may need to file to be temporary administrator or to compel the will to be presented. Do not delay in this.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/10, 7:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia