Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

where should an executorship of estate be filed when the next of kin do not live in the same state as the deceased

Asked on 12/05/11, 10:06 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

John Etheriedge Etheriedge & Associates, PC

In the county where the decedent resided at the time of death.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/11, 10:15 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

In the state and county where the deceased lived when he died.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/11, 1:13 pm

It does not matter where the personal representative is at, It matters where the decedent lived at the time of his or her death. That is the place whose laws will govern and where the main estate must be probated. If the personal representatives reside out of state, then he/she will have to get an attorney who is in-state.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/11, 11:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia