Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

My father, the beneficiary of my grandmother's will, an only child, is upset because I was named executor and trustee of the trust (never set up formally). I have been through three legal battles already in this year, now he is suing to have me removed as trustee. How can I protect myself?

Asked on 3/27/18, 12:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

The fact you are posting here is alarming. It suggests you made a huge mistake. No one should attempt to probate any will without a lawyer. The risks to you personally (you get sued for any mistakes) are too high otherwise. There is NO such thing as a "trust never set up formally) so that tells me that you have probably messed up very badly. See a lawyer. This may or may not be too late to fix, and frankly, you may be best off walking away.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/18, 7:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia