Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

my fiance wants to leave everything, guns, property we live on ect., to his adult children if he dies, and i would get to live in our home until i died he said that his adult children would not ever make me or my boys leave. i need it in writing

what can i do to protect myself in cases he dies

Asked on 2/10/17, 4:37 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

If your fiance wants to get a lawyer to draft the appropriate will and other estate documents (and amend as necessary after your marriage), he will. Right now, it is his choice.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/17, 5:31 am

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Unless he drafts, using a lawyer, a proper will and deeds none of that will happen. He will need to do that now and may need to revise it after marriage. A prenuptial agreement may also be needed.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/17, 7:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia