Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia


There are 23 people(family estate) and we lost to summary judgement. the other parties counterclaimed. the judge ruled in their favor. Do we have to pay their attorney fees in ga.? this went on for 3 yrs.if so do we get a chance to defend ourselves or can they just put a lien on our property and freeze up our money.

Asked on 4/06/07, 1:21 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Thompson J. Robert Thompson Attorney

Re: lawsuit

you should consult an attorney to see if there is any basis for an appeal, and if you still have time to do so.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/07, 2:33 pm
Joel Callins The Callins Law Firm, LLC

Re: lawsuit

Your opportunity to defend yourselves occurred in the proceeding that resulted in the unfavorable summary judgment. If you declined to appeal that summary judgment, you lostthe opportunity to change the outcome. Yes, a judgment can be converted into a lien against any property you own, personal and/or real property.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/07, 6:58 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: lawsuit

It may or may not bee too late to do anything. I can't tell by the brief facts you stated. At any rate, you should consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/07, 4:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia