Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia


I am the exectrix of a will for a relative who lived and died in Atlanta Ga, I live in Houston Tx. Is it possible to probate the will without going back to GA.

Asked on 11/24/08, 3:55 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: probate

Unless there is a dispute among the heirs, you can probably probate the will by mail. You may even be able to avoid probate at all if the heirs are in agreement. Consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/08, 4:46 pm
John Etheriedge Etheriedge & Associates, PC

Re: probate

Yes, it is possible to probate the Will without returning to Georgia. Under normal circumstances, a request to take the required oath in your home state will be granted. Thereafter, you should be able to proceed with appropriate administration. Feel free to contact me office if I can be of further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 11/25/08, 10:11 am
Charles Scholle Scholle Law Car and Truck Accident Attorneys

Re: probate

Yes, you can probate the will in Georgia without coming here. You must take an oath but Georgia will allow you to do so in your home state under certain circumstances. Let me know if I can help you.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/08, 4:01 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Re: probate

That would depend on some things, but call me to discuss the details.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/08, 4:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia