Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

my question is about inertited vehicles. dad had two cars titled in his name only. one car was driven by my mother. his will states all his possessions go to mom (does this mean cars as well as golf clubs?). we've retitled moms car in her name. we have someone who wants to buy my dads car. question: does the sale of his car need to go thru probate/his estate or is it my mother's property to sell?

Asked on 8/24/10, 10:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


If car is the property of your father's estate (Executor)/(Executrix) will need to petition probate court to sell property.

You might want to consult with Atlanta-area attorneys who specialize in probate matters

My condolences on the loss of your father - good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/29/10, 10:49 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Ralph's answer may or may not be right.

The will may grant a power to sell.

In any event you do need a lawyer. Feel free to call me to discuss this.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/10, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia