Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia


what if my spouse and I don't agree on the people to leave our estate to?

Asked on 3/28/07, 9:44 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys


Re: wills

A first step will be for each of you to obtain your own attorney to represent your interests.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/07, 8:50 am
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: wills

No problem. Since you will have separate wills, you can independently decide to whom to leave your property. Happens all the time. Consult with a local attorney to discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/07, 9:18 am
Christopher Ballar Christopher A. Ballar PC

Re: wills

You may consider seperating your assets, hiring different attorneys, and creating seperate wills. Keep in mind you can also have different beneficiary designations for life insurance and retirement accounts.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/07, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia