Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

Car accident

My Dad was working for the USPS when he was hit from behind by a UPS truck (the driver had no insurance). He settled with UPS for 30,000. However the USPS has not terminated him and he will receive nothing for future wages. What can we do?

Asked on 1/23/07, 8:55 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Car accident

Your best option is to give an attorney the opportunity to discuss the circumstances with your dad. In doing so, they will be able to obtain the specific information needed to address your father's concerns, goals and objectives. Please contact me in the event that you are interested in pursuing this.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/07, 9:49 am

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: Car accident

Your Dad should see a lawyer whose specialty is Workers Comp cases - there are many around. Especially when the case involves a government entity, you he me is much better off with a lawyer who does this full time, as opposed to dabbling in it and 20 other areas. Ask other lawyers for referrals, or even a google search, will put you in touch with some. He should not be afraid to speak to a couple.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/07, 10:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia