Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

I was injured on a job 8 years ago and due to the injury had to have a major surgery on my spine, I received worker's comp while under care of the surgeon, but when I was released from the dr. no more pay. I received no lifetime medical pay,I am now having trouble with the same injury and surgery, can I receive the worker's comp. now?

Asked on 8/23/09, 8:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Ramos Ramos Law Firm

There may be statute of limitations bar in your case. Generally, you have one year from the date of accident or last medical treatment furnished by the employer to file a notice of claim with the State Board of Workers' Compensation. For more information, please consult our website at

Read more
Answered on 8/31/09, 8:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia