Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

i had a slip and fall at work, i fractured my right ankle and had to have surgery. Now workers comp has been paying me my weekly pay and the doctor is taking care of far i have not been pushed back to work. do i need to hire a lawyer. i would like to return to my job once my ankle has healed.

Asked on 3/01/11, 12:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lynda Parker Law Office of Lynda S. Parker, P.C.

There is no requirement to hire a lawyer. If you are satisifed with your medical treatment and your employer is paying you for your lost time, you may choose not to hire a lawyer. A lawyer may, however, be able to help determine if you are receiving all the benefits to which you are entitled under the law. You can hire a lawyer for this purpose without necessarily requesting a hearing, if there are no issues to litigate. If you ever want to settle your claim, it would be a good idea to hire a lawyer to help you evaluate your case to ensure you obtain the maximum recovery. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 3/01/11, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia