Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

I have wear & tear injury (torn rotator cuff) from my job. It has been on file since

11- 2013. Up until 8-27-2014 I've been placed in this same position. I have performed this job because I believed it to be temporary. During this time I have gotten other issues (pain in elbows & wrists). I asked for help when it became too painful and was met with much BS. The company wanted me to go to doctor AGAIN I became angry and refused. It is on file 2-3 different times. One of these I was sent to Dr. by the company. I don't know what, if anything I can do about this. I need advice

Asked on 9/03/14, 8:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Moebes Moebes Law, LLC

If you hurt yourself at work (or aggravated an old injury while working), you're supposed to be treated via the workers' comp insurer. There should be a panel of doctors from which you can choose, and the WC insurer should pay for the care. If you need to go on restrictions, your employer should (but doesn't have to) accommodate them. If you can't work, you should get paid disability benefits from the WC insurer. Let me know if you need further assistance -

Read more
Answered on 9/03/14, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia