Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Hawaii

I entered into a contract with a producer to rewrite a script for him and now he won't pay up. How do I go about getting the money I'm owed?

Asked on 2/04/19, 9:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

The first question is what exactly is owed. If its, 5K (the limit in HI) or less then the small claims court might be the best bet. If it is considerably more then perhaps hiring a lawyer to send a demand on the producer will be effective. The agreement will need to be reviewed along with all of the facts and circumstances.

If you need clarification, I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/19, 6:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Hawaii