Legal Question in Immigration Law in Hawaii

I'm a permanent resident, what will happen to my immigrant status if I divorce my spouse?

Asked on 4/18/13, 5:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

As long as you are not a "conditional" resident, nothing will happen. You will be asked about it if you apply for naturalization. However, except in cases of marriage fraud, it should not affect you at all.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/13, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Hawaii