Legal Question in Immigration Law in Hawaii

Getting a VISA to USA to continue post graduate.

My fiancee who is a Medical Doctor from a foreign country would like to get a VISA to continue her study at an American Medical School for postgraduate and specialized in her profession. She will live with me which I will support her to continue her studies. Also, after she finishes work as in her profession in the USA.

Asked on 7/03/99, 12:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: Getting a VISA for graduate study

Depending on where she lives, it might be quickest for her to enter the US on a tourist visa and decide exactly what to do once she is here. If you got married right away, she could apply for an immigrant visa if you are a US citizen. Or she could still obtain a student visa.

Or she could enter on a student visa if she already has been admitted to the postgraduate program. Or she could enter on a fiance visa if you plan on getting married right away.

My opinion is that you should consult an immigration attorney in your community to review the options and let him/her handle the paperwork and advise you. It will be the best decision you ever made.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/99, 9:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 164

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Hawaii