Legal Question in Immigration Law in Hawaii

I am a women I live in Hawaii who would like to marry my fiancée she lives in Ukraine, we have not met yet but she is planning to arrive in Hawaii by April or May 2017. What can I do? We have known each other since April 2017

Asked on 3/01/17, 5:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you have not met in person yet, then she is not eligible for a fiance visa. As long as she is able to enter as a visitor & not a "fiance" (they will not let her in if she says she is coming to the U.S. to see her fiance or girlfriend), then, as long as she in the U.S. for at least 90 days as a visitor only, if she changes her intent to be a visitor & you two decide to get married, she can file for a greencard after that. However, you do not want to risk "immigrant intent" or "visa fraud"! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or want to discuss this further. Thank you & good luck to you both!

Read more
Answered on 3/01/17, 5:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Hawaii