Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Hawaii

my wife passed away last year, i used death certificate to remove here from the mortgage as a joint owner. If I pass away and leave it to my sister in the will, i have been told that Hawaii will hold it up for nearly a year before it goes to court to settle.

I do I leave it free and clean from the Government to manipulate?

Asked on 6/13/11, 8:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Zahaby Tour bus, scenic and sightseeing, operation

You may need to convey the property to a Revocable Living Trust. This form of ownership (loosely) avoids Probate and Intestate Succession. Meaning your personal business will remain private and the court will not be involved in the distribution of your property upon your death. Aloha, Jon A. Zahaby, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/11, 9:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Hawaii