Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Hawaii


My family has lived on a piece of property for about 35 years that my grandmother has owned now that she is old and going to pass away my aunts and uncles want to take over the land and split it equally between 4 brothers and sisters. the thing about this is that my father has up kept the land and paid all bills that have to deal with maintaing the houses and property and no one outside of my father has helped with any bills or any expenses. is there a law that would make my father the sole owner of the propertty because now that the property value has risen due to all of my fathers work everyone wants to have a piece of what i think is rightfully his.

Asked on 4/09/07, 6:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Davies Law Office of David H. Davies

Re: property

Your question is very interesting. There may be a number of "right" answers depending on things such as whether or not your grandmother made any promises to your father, is there a will, how does your grandmother have title-is it just in her name or does she have others with her on the deed?

This is a very important question and you need to talk directly to an attorney who can ask the right questions. It is quite possible that your Dad may have a claim for the property but it is also possible that he does not. If you do not have an attorney and would like to discuss this you can call and I will see what information I can provide. No charge or obligation for the call.

Good Luck


Read more
Answered on 4/09/07, 8:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Hawaii