Legal Question in Criminal Law in Idaho

off duty bartend askes new employer to cash paycheck instead instead new employer gives tab. Employee cashes check with previous employer and proceeds to bar were works. Co. worker is informned of issue and agrees to put purse behind bar uoon exiting.Was handed wrong purse by person behind bar. I intoxicated after being given doubleshots unrequested by me, did not notice untill i went to retreave somethin from purse, that I had wrong purse. I to intoxicated to drive sent a friend who offered to return purse and retreave mine . Friend also intoxicated did not return purse but still retreaved mine . I noticed purse to be in back seat of vehicle then took purse and upon my sobriety was going to return . Apperently the purse belong to co worker I get woke up by police about this purse which I immediatley sourendered when I was told the nature of visit . I then was told that crimminal charges may be brought forth. There shows the video camera thatt verifies someone who gives me wrong purse and me leaving approximately one hour later friend retreaving my purse, police review. The officer says theft was reported and 70 to ninety dollars missing. Ironicaley the same amount was missing from mine . Counter report filed. Im fiered by employer for allogations robbed and told I was a suspect in theft to co worker . Keep in mind this co worker felt threatened by presence since started. When i gave purse to sherriff he asks if neverything was still in purse , I stated I never even looked in it so i belived so. I told him to look were he had found drug paraphanalia . Upon leaving he said the case would be forwarding the case to prosecuting attorneys office. So now is this my permanante employment record and is unemployment denied is there any recourse what to do?

Asked on 10/22/10, 4:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jared Martens Martens Law Office, P.C.

It could end up on your permanent record if not dealt with properly. You should retain counsel. Perhaps get charges reduced or dismissed.

Jared Martens

Martens Law Office


Read more
Answered on 10/27/10, 6:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Idaho