Legal Question in Immigration Law in Idaho

I entered the U.S. in 1998 illegally with my two children when they were 2 and 6, now that their graduating from high school they want to go to college but they are not legal here what are my chances of obtaining residency?

Asked on 4/23/10, 10:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

No, unfortunately, you or they can't obtain residency.

Because all of you entered the USA illegally and, I assume, no one ever had petitioned for you, you are not eligible for a green card through adjustment of status. Even marriage to a US citizen will likely require going back to your home country and applying for a visa.

If and when the Congress will pass the DREAM Act, then maybe your children will have a chance to legalize their status.

I offer paid confidential legal consultations and can assist in matters of the U.S. federal immigration law to clients from all 50 States and internationally. If you�d like to schedule a telephone or email legal consultation, need legal advice or help, please let me know and I�d be glad to help you. Please email at Attorney [@] or LubaSmal [@] . Or you can TEXT a request for a consultation with an Attorney to 1-402-238-1238. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please email first to schedule a consultation).

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to request a follow-up confidential advice on your specific situation and regarding U.S.A. immigration-related issues, we can offer a paid consultation by telephone or email to clients from all States and globally. Please visit our website for more details.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/10, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Idaho