Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Illinois

I leased an apartment for my daughter and her boyfriend.They are listed as tenants but the lease is in my name.My daughter wants the boyfriend to leave but he won't. Do we have any legal rights to make him leave.

Asked on 5/09/11, 5:33 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

that depends. how long has the boyfriend lived there? if you want to discuss further, i can be reached at 312-372-5600.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/11, 8:24 am

It is your lease. Are your daughter and her boyfriend listed as permitted occupants? If not, their occupancy may be in the nature of a sublease if you pay the rent and they were to pay you. So there's a bit more involved because if the boyfriend is living up to his RENTAL agreement with you, you may not be able to involuntarily evict him. There must be more to this. And that could change the situation. Feel free to contact me by email with any further details.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/11, 2:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Illinois