Legal Question in Disability Law in Illinois

My daughter had been diagnosed with rheumatic fever and her joints now swell after standing too long. She can only work part time at her job as a greeter at a resturant due to the swelling. She wants to work more hours but just can't physically do it. Is she eligible for partial disability?

Asked on 1/15/12, 1:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Whitcomb

You need to ask her doctor if she is partially disabled due to her condition and have the doctor fill out the appropriate paperwork. Then, consult with a social security disability attorney in your area. The attorney will guide you from there.

Alternatively, you can try to handle this yourself. Check this link for starters:

Good Luck.

Jeffrey Whitcomb

Whitcomb Law Firm, Ltd.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/12, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Illinois