Legal Question in Administrative Law in Illinois

I started seeing a man who is still legally married; however, all that is pending is the final signed judgement. However, his wife (soon-to-be ex) has found out my name is calling my cell phone and contacting me on Facebook. Additionally, she contacted one of my daughters (12 yrs old) via Facebook. The cell number she calls is a business phone and I cannot block numbers. I do have six total messages from her via Facebook and I didn't respond to any, plus I blocked her on Facebook today and she'll not be able to message me again. I know she knows where I live, as she has made comments about my house and so forth. I am concerned that she will continue to call me and/or other means to contact me and possibly, my children. In her communications, she goes on to tell me how the man is a liar, cheat, and so forth. I only answered one text before in that I told her to direct any questions to him and that's it. Please advise if there's anything I can do if she continues to contact me or my children. Thanks.

Asked on 8/19/13, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You may be able to get an order of protection.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Illinois