Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Illinois

During a 341 meeting for chapter 13. What paperwork will be requested?

Asked on 10/01/16, 1:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

You should check the website of the trustee assigned to the case or call the trustee's office. At the meeting itself, you probably will only need photo identification and proof of your social security number. In advance, however, you are required to provide proof of recent income and copies of your tax returns (with there being some variation among the trustees on which months of income and which years of returns). If you pay child support, there should also be a form that you will need to fill out and provide.

The scope of this space does not afford an opportunity to assess the situation and advise you. I do not recommend filing bankruptcy on your own. There are too many complex issues. I have seen several posts on this site for debtors who filed on their own and are seeking counsel concerning complications. Most of them will have a hard time finding an attorney to get involved to unwind the mess without the attorney charging several times what would originally have been paid.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/16, 6:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Illinois