Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Illinois

My ex filed bankruptcy on our home. I have lived in it for two years without him and he never paid one dime on it. The home loan is in his name but the house is in both parties names. He did not tell his lawyer I had any ownership of the home. What forms do I need to file in order to keep my home for me and my girls.

Asked on 10/22/13, 3:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Can't say. There are general court forms, divorce court forms, bankruptcy court forms, and then there will be the times you will need to appear in court. You can try to do-it-yourself but someone will have to look at the divorce papers, possibly the divorce case file at court, and the bankruptcy case file too, before any decision on what forms or motions should be be filled out or presented to the courts.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Illinois