Legal Question in Business Law in Illinois

My son and I are starting a new business and want to S corp it. I don't know if I should file the form 2553 with the IRS first or file the articles of incorporation first with the state. We would like to do this ourselves we don't have the money to pay a CPA to do it for me.

Asked on 3/04/16, 1:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You should hire an attorney! There is a lot more to it than filling in the blanks on a form. The CPA can provide valuable advice and service within his field, but should not try to do more than that. I am swamped with people who incorporated without an attorney, and now have horribly expensive legal problems that could have been avoided. Consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/16, 3:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Illinois